ALGIERS- President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune on Thursday appointed the members of the new government, led by Prime Minister Abdelaziz Djerad, the minister-counsellor for Communication, the official spokesman of the presidency of the Republic, Belaid Mohand Oussaid, told a news conference.
The new government is made up of 39 members, including seven deputy ministers and four secretaries of State.
It also includes five women ministers.
The youngest deputy minister is in charge of Start-ups, namely Yacine Walid (26 years old).
Abdelaziz Djerad was appointed Prime Minister last Saturday, replacing Sabri Boukadoum, who had been the acting prime minister after the resignation of Nouredine Bedoui.
Line-up of the new Government led by Prime Minister Mr. Abdelaziz Djerad
The President of the Republic His Excellency Mr. Abdelmadjid Tebboune appointed Thursday, 02nd of January 2020, the members of the new government led by Prime Minister Mr. Abdelaziz Djerad, namely:
- Mr. Sabri Boukadoum: Minister of Foreign Affairs.
-Mr. Kamel Beldjoud: Minister of the Interior, Local Authorities and National Planning.
- Mr. Belkacem Zeghmati: Minister of Justice.
- Mr. Abderahmane Raouya: Minister of Finance.
- Mr. Mohamed Arkab: Minister of Energy.
- Mr. Tayeb Zitouni: Minister of Mujahideen.
- Mr. Youcef Belmehdi: Minister of Religious Affairs and Endowments.
- Mr. Mohamed Ouadjaout: Minister of National Education.
- Mr. Chems-Eddine Chitour: Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Mrs. Hoyam Benfriha: Minister of Vocational Training.
- Mrs. Malika Bendouda: Minister of Culture.
- Mr. Brahim Boumzar: Minister of Post and Telecommunications.
- Mr. Sid Ali Khaldi: Minister of Youths and Sports.
- Mrs. Kaoutar Krikou: Minister of National Solidarity, Family and Women's Affairs.
- Mr. Ferhat Aït Ali Braham: Minister of Industry and Mining.
- Mr. Chérif Omari: Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development.
- Mr. Kamel Nasri: Minister of Housing, Urban Planning and the City.
- Mr. Kamel Rezig: Minister of Commerce.
- Mr. Ammar Belhimer: Minister of Communication, Spokesman of the Government.
- Mr. Farouk Chiali: Minister of Public Works and Transports.
- Mr. Arezki Berraki: Minister of Water Resources.
- Mr. Hacene Mermouri: Minister of Tourism, Craft Industry and Family Work
- Mr. Abderrahmane Benbouzid: Minister of Health, Population and Hospital Reform.
- Mr. Ahmed Chawki Fouad Acheuk Youcef: Minister of Labour, Employment and Social Security.
- Mrs. Bessma Azouar: Minister of Relations with Parliament.
- Mrs. Nassira Benharrats: Minister of Environment and Renewable Energies.
- Mr. Sid Ahmed Ferroukhi: Minister of Fishing and Fisheries Production
-Mr. Yassine Djeridene: Minister of Micro-Enterprise, Startup and Knowledge Economy.
-Mr. Bachir Messaitfa : Deputy Minister for Statistics and Prospective Planning.
-Mr. Foued Chehat: Deputy Minister for Saharan and Mountains Agriculture.
-Mr. Aïssa Bekkai: Deputy Minister for Foreign Trade.
-Mr. Abderrahmane Lotfi Djamel Benbahmad: Deputy Minister for Pharmaceutical Industry.
-Mr. Hamza Al Sid Cheikh: Deputy Minister for Sahara Environment.
-Mr. Nassim Diafat: Deputy Minister for Incubators.
-Mr. Yacine Oualid: Deputy Minister for Start-ups.
-Mr. Rachid Bladehane: Secretary of State for National Community and Experts Living Abroad.
-Mr. Bachir Youcef Sehairi: Secretary of State for Film Industry.
-Mr. Salim Dada: Secretary of State for Cultural Production.
-Mr. Nouredine Morceli: Secretary of State for Elite Sport.
Mr. Yahia Boukhari is appointed Secretary General of the Government.
ALGIERS, 02nd January 2020